Retail Banking Representative
Compensation: $68,260.00 - $43,750.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Amalgamated Bank seeks a full-time Retail Banking Representative to work primarily in our Roosevelt Island Branch (which is open M, Tu, W, F 9am-4pm, Th 9am-6pm, and Sat 9am-1pm). This individual will be responsible for providing a high quality of customer service in a broad variety of activities. Will be called on to work in both the Teller and Customer Service areas, according to needs. Responsible for presenting full array of Bank products to existing and potential customers at the Branch and at off-site events. Support branch management in achievement of Branch sales goals, including training and mentoring front-line staff.
Essential Job Functions:
Customer Service Duties:
- Proactively present and cross-sell Bank products to current and potential customers. Participate in Bank promotions and sales campaigns to achieve Branch sales goals.
- Perform all functions to open and maintain new and existing accounts.
- Actively promote the Bank and its products and services. This will include setting - up a table outside the branch and handing out information when necessary.
- Respond to customer inquiries or complaints in person or over the phone in a professional manner; which may include preparing and submitting written correspondence to respective departments.
- Maintain correspondence with customers and back office by following-up to ensure resolution.
- Greet customers in a professional manner that creates a welcoming environment; this includes proper acknowledgement and introduction in accordance with Bank policies.
- Identify customer needs through probing questions and offer appropriate products and services based on customer responses.
- Review and verify all previous days work to ensure accuracy and resolve any discrepancy that may exist; including but not limited to general ledger accounts.
- Approve checks (up to authorized limit) using knowledge of account history and account information on file, in order to make decision on whether to cash.
Responsibilities behind Teller Line:
- Perform all teller duties such as certifying checks and stop payment orders, accept payment for rental of safe deposit boxes, process deposits / withdrawals, cash checks etc.
- Assist other tellers in balancing daily transactions, verifying tickets and daily balancing of the teller area. Help tellers with complex work related matters (i.e. check cashing).
- Research and investigate customer claims in archive area, in matters relating to missing deposits, missing checks, original
- ATM envelopes, etc., in order to help resolve issues for customers in a timely manner.
- Perform Head Teller functions as assigned.
- Assist Officers in performing various Branch functions and Branch reports, as requested.
- Render priority services to customers in need of special handling.
- Perform various related clerical duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, And Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years of Bank Teller experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to maintain cheerful and friendly demeanor with customers.
- A thorough knowledge of all Branch related functions and terminal systems.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including on-line terminals, PC, adding machine, and typewriter / word processor.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Must be able to travel to various locations.
- Availability to work all hours the branches are open.
Amalgamated Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities / Females / Individuals with Disability / Veterans. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. View our Pay Transparency Statement via our website. Submission of a resume or any information regarding your qualifications does not constitute a promise or offer of employment. At Amalgamated Bank, we consider an applicant to be someone who has interviewed at least once, in person, with the hiring manager. Amalgamated Bank does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Associated topics: cashier, client, counter, customer service associate, customer service representative, delivering, retail cashier, retail sales, sell, service associate
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...