Broker In Training
Compensation: $100,580.00 - $163,120.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Morstan General Agency is a division of Hull & Company, and part of Brown & Brown's wholesale division that prides itself in providing the highest standard of quality and service in the industry.
Since 1964, we have been dedicated to serving thousands of clients with a wide range of products including Commercial lines and Personal lines. We endeavor to cater to each customer's specific needs, to offer competitive rates, as well as to build long-lasting relationships with our brokers and carriers.
Brown & Brown, Inc. is one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the U.S. We are a publicly traded company, listed on the NYSE as BRO and employ 10,000 seasoned professionals. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, our offices are located across the United States and we are looking for ambitious professionals to join our team!
Becoming a Teammate of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed. This position will allow you to cultivate your insurance expertise as you transition into the role of Broker and develop your own book of business.
Morstan General Agency is seeking a talented, highly motivated, individual capable providing superior service and partnership with existing insurance agents while maintaining a fast-paced stream of new business on a underwriting team. The candidate must maintain the company's high standards of quality in service while delivering well thought-out solutions within the established underwriting rules and guidelines. The successful candidate will thrive in a team environment and is looking to work towards growing their own book of business.
* Assist the Broker in reviewing applications to determine placement of coverage
* Assist the Broker with the placement of risks with various carriers
* Assist the Broker with the development of new business revenue from new and existing clients
* Ensures quotes and binders are confirmed in writing, policies are issued promptly and accurately, state filings and taxes processed within applicable state laws
* Bachelor's Degree (B.A) from four-year college or university or equivalent wholesale insurance experience.
* Proficient with MS Office Suite
* Exceptional telephone demeanor
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
* 0 2 years experience in a similar position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Associated topics: bond, brokerage, capital, derivatives, equity, financial, invest, risk, sell, s p
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...