- Massachusetts Medical Society
- $58,070.00 -91,730.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
330 Winter St
Advance medical knowledge: That is the core of our mission here at the Massachusetts Medical Society, publishers of the New England Journal of Medicine! We're building our next generation of platforms to better serve our technical and customer needs. As the Project and Portfolio Coordinator you will manage all meetings, documents, and data associated with the MMS portfolio of strategic initiatives and projects. You will ensure that information about the organization's strategy, strategic initiatives, projects, and operational programs is complete, accurate, up to date, and available. The Project and Portfolio Coordinator Manages strategic and operational projects to completion as assigned. provides high-level administrative support to the Director, Strategic Management Office (SMO), and manages all administrative aspects of the SMO.
Our Digital Business Transformation (DBX) is revamping the way we make decisions, set priorities, and use our technology systems to deliver content and other services to our customers. DBX initiatives include implementation of new content management systems (MarkLogic, Contentful), a new eCommerce platform (Magento), increasing our analytics and marketing capabilities with Adobe, and much more! We are fully invested in continuing NEJM's long-standing legacy as the world's premiere medical journal by becoming a truly digital company. To get there, we are investing in our people, our mobile and online products and our IT team by deploying the latest technology and modern cloud-based solutions. If you're seeking to grow your skills in a collaborative learning environment where new ideas are encouraged, this is the right place for you.
The Massachusetts Medical Society is the statewide professional association for physicians and medical students. We are dedicated to educating and advocating for the patients and physicians of Massachusetts. We offer online CME courses and live events that award continuing medical education credits. The Society, under the auspices of NEJM Group, publishes the New England Journal of Medicine, a leading global medical journal and web site, and NEJM Journal Watch alerts and publications covering 12 specialties.
* Works closely with the SMO team to plan and schedule strategic governance and initiative portfolio meetings, including creating meeting agendas, documenting meeting minutes, and tracking open items to resolution. Assists in the preparation of supporting material, including presentations, and disseminates in advance as appropriate. After meetings have taken place, assists in the development of meeting minutes and maintains thorough and accurate records of all meeting materials, minutes, and decisions made or votes taken.
* Documents the initiative and project portfolio, managing and creating custom views of project activity as needed in various venues. Keeps documentation of the portfolio, including initiative charters, performance metrics, status, resource allocation, and milestone plans, accurate and up to date. Manages repository of strategy and portfolio documentation, ensuring that documentation of strategy process, key strategy artifacts, and strategic initiatives is accurate and up to date, and that verison control and tracking best practice is applied. Coordinates the monitoring of strategic initiatives and projects and results relative to measures and targets.
* Works with the SMO team on designing, and takes the lead on executing visuals that represent key strategic concepts and articulations for presentations and other deliverables. Works with the SMO team to ensure that visuals are compelling, clear, and accurate.
* Manages strategic and operational projects, both planned and ad-hoc, to completion as assigned. Works closely with the SMO team on a wide range of projects and assignments, including those of a confidential or sensitive nature.
* Provide administrative support to the Director and optimizes the Director's schedule by screening and prioritizing calls, visitors, and meeting requests, maintaining the Director's calendar and scheduling meetings upon request, and ensuring the Director is adequately prepared for meetings by anticipating needs and securing and/or preparing required briefing and backup materials. Will also compose internal and external correspondence and reports, and develop and maintain filing, document management, and other organizational systems.
* Reviews administrative and portfolio management systems on an ongoing basis and makes recommendations concerning modifications and improvements to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
* Works closely with Employee Communications to ensure that information about the strategy and initiative portfolio are available internally and refreshed as needed on the employee portal and in other employee communication vehicles.
* Additional responsibilities as assigned.
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience is required.
* At least 3 years of experience managing projects of varying complexity.
* Experience managing documentation and reporting on a portfolio of projects is preferred.
* Strategy development experience or coursework preferred.
* 3+ years of increasingly responsible experience providing administrative support, particularly for senior management, is preferred.
* Proficiency with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a general fluency in technology are necessary.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, as are top-notch planning, problem-solving, time management, decision-making and organizational skills.
* A demonstrated ability to work with confidential information and exercise sound judgment in a demanding, multi-project environment is essential.
* Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, the ability to relate effectively with officers, members, colleagues, and employees at all levels, and the ability to maintain a positive, professional, and proactive attitude at all times are extremely important.
* Ability to take initiative and anticipate consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change.
* Proven ability to be proactive, work independently, prioritize workload, deliver high quality results, and meet deadlines while managing multiple projects and competing demands.
* Meticulous attention to detail, resourcefulness, flexibility, reliability and willingness to learn are essential.
Our generous benefits offerings include: 2 or 3 weeks of paid vacation, 6 personal days, 12 sick days, 12 paid holidays, medical and dental plans, 401(k) plans with company match, an onsite back-up childcare center, tuition assistance and more!
The MMS has earned praise as one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe for the past 6 years in a row! The Globe surveys employees regarding their opinions about company leadership, benefits, ethics, values and culture, and recognizes those companies who receive high marks from their employees.
Massachusetts Medical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled
Associated topics: associate director, chief financial officer, director, general manager, general operations manager, manage, operation, operational manager, president, staff
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...