- $114,566.67 -184,780.00/year*
330 Winter St
* Advanced degree preferred (MS, MA) in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, econometrics, economics, operations research
* 3+ years of professional experience working with large data sets and using analytics to drive business results ideally in financial services related industry (e.g., banking and securities, asset management, insurance)
* Experience working in/with enterprise class data environments to access, manipulate and analyze large data sets
* Significant experience using statistical software packages such as SAS, STATA, SPSS, R and data query languages such as SQL
* Sound knowledge and application of techniques such as cluster analysis, linear regression, logistic regression, CHAID, market basket analysis, etc.
* Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
* Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively - both verbally and in writing - in English and the local office language(s)
* Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With You'll work either in our North American Knowledge Center in Waltham, Massachusetts, or in our newly created hub in Silicon Valley, focusing on Risk Analytics. Our global Risk Practice supports clients in many different industries facing challenges of developing and implementing tailored concepts for risk recognition, measurement, and control.
What You'll Do
You will complete targeted quantitative analyses and build components of advanced models across the spectrum of Risk management, including prospecting, underwriting, portfolio monitoring, pricing, asset evaluation and loss mitigation.
You'll work on client projects as an integral part of engagement teams and will also be expected to contribute to internal knowledge development initiatives. You'll disaggregate and structure complex, often ambiguous, business problems and evaluate different analytical approaches to develop potential solutions. You will apply advanced analytic and quantitative tools, statistical modeling techniques, and data mining procedures to derive business insights and solve complex business problems.
Further, you will develop components of statistical models writing and developing scripts (e.g., SAS scripts) to improve Risk management decision making (e.g., underwriting models). You will be expected to contribute to team problem solving through the findings and insights from your analysis and help facilitate data integration and management between clients and McKinsey. Ultimately, you will contribute to the development of knowledge for the analytic group at large.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: business analyst, capital, commercial, credit, economy asset, market, financial, gs 0110 12, insurer, wholesale
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...