Underwriting Program Manager
Compensation: $97,110.00 - $159,740.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Underwriting Program Manager
Our client headquartered in Greater New York City area of New Jersey, is one of the largest program administrators in the U.S. and is a proud recipient of the prestigious Best Practice Designation from Target Markets Program Administrators Association. With the resources of a large organization and the agility of smaller company, we work with over 5,500 select independent agents and brokers to provide their clients with the next generation of specialized insurance protection and risk management services that help them confidently build their businesses.
We are seeking a bold and confident Underwriting Program Manager to play a hands-on role in the continued success of one of our casualty-driven programs. If you are looking for an opportunity that allows you the freedom to operate a business and the ability to be a builder and value creator, you may be a great fit for this role.
- You are a true player-coach, allowing you to handle traditional management tasks while also producing quality work product as a member of the team.
- You have built/rebuilt a construction casualty book of business resulting in a larger more profitable portfolio.
- You like speed and want opportunity you thrive in an innovative and flexible environment.
- You are driven by success which has been demonstrated in your proven track record of generating revenue and profitable underwriting results.
- You have executive presence you are confident, yet approachable.
- You are tech savvy from proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) to industry specific software.
- Personally underwrite the program s largest accounts and strengthen the most important broker relationships
- Fully participate in strategy and portfolio management development to ensure program goals and objectives are achieved.
- Lead by example through big wins and showing the team how it s done.
- Actively participate in industry events to build relationships that enable us to stay ahead of our competitors and respond to opportunities swiftly.
- Profitably grow existing broker relationships while also generating new partnerships
- Develop a team of underwriters though the facilitation of training and mentorship
- Utilize your market and product knowledge to strengthen the business
- Work closely with our carrier, claims and risks management partners to share knowledge and insights to protect and build better a better program.
- Assist in the development of new products and risk management services
- Bachelor s Degree with a concentration in Math and/or Science preferred
- 10+ years of carrier based, progressive commercial P&C underwriting experience, with a focus on casualty construction exposures
- Completion of a formal training program coupled with experience working on special projects with executive visibility
- Experience handling small to mid-market accounts ($100k-$500k average premium)
- Proven track record of managing lean teams in a transaction-driven environment
- CRIS designation highly desirable
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...