Licensed Master Social Worker 1, Central New York Psychiatric Center - Five Points Satellite Unit, P
Compensation: $104,343.33 - $83,990.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Social Services/Counseling
Loading some great jobs for you...
## Minimum Qualifications
Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for this title;
Transfer Opportunity - Candidates must have one year permanent competitive or 55-b/c service as a Licensed Master Social Worker 1 and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of Civil Service law. To qualify for Section 70.1 transfer, candidates must be licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and have at least one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c service in a title approved for transfer by Civil Service within two salary grades of the SG-18 level.
Temporary Appointment -
In the event there is not a valid eligible list at this location, candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for the Licensed Master Social Worker 1 examination may submit an employment application and resume to Central New York Psychiatric Center and if hired, will be appointed with temporary status.
Candidates must also submit an online application for the Licensed Master Social Worker examination during the next application period in January 2020. The examination announcement and the online application can be found at the following link:
Candidates appointed temporarily must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed. Candidates who do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score may not be retained.
Licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
Registration and licensure as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor is not considered qualifying for this exam. ## Duties Description
As a Licensed Master Social Worker 1, you would function as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team providing a full range of social work services to individuals in a variety of settings.
1. In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
2. If appointed you may be required to become an enrolled Medicare provider; obtain and provide to your employer a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number issued by the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPES); and otherwise actively participate to the degree necessary to allow for your services to be billed through Medicare and Medicaid. If you are appointed and you lose the ability to bill through Medicaid and Medicare, you may be terminated from your employment.
3. Continued employment as a Licensed Master Social Worker 1 is dependent upon current licensure and registration by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Loss of licensure and registration may result in removal from employment. ## Additional Comments
Background Investigation/Justice Center Review:
Prospective appointees will be:
1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable.
2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee's employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information and may be required to pay any necessary fees.
3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees will be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
This position is at Central New York Psychiatric Center's Five Points Satellite Unit, located on the grounds of Five-Points Correctional Facility in Seneca County. ## Notes on Applying
Indicate the Title and Location of the position you are applying for. Please complete the Office of Mental Health Employment Application and submit it with your other application materials. Please apply by fax or by email.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a particular focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. The New York State Office of Mental Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Date Posted:* 11/26/19
*Applications Due:* 12/09/19
*Vacancy ID:* 76389
*Agency:* Mental Health, Office of
*Title:* Licensed Master Social Worker 1, Central New York Psychiatric Center - Five Points Satellite Unit, P20045
*Occupational Category:* Health Care, Human/Social Services
*Salary Grade:* 18
*Bargaining Unit:* PS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
*Salary Range:* From $56604 to $71980 Annually
*Employment Type:* Full-Time
*Appointment Type:* Permanent
*Jurisdictional Class:* Competitive Class
*Travel Percentage:* 0%
*Hours Per Week:* 40
*From:* 12 AM
*To:* 11:30 PM
*Flextime allowed?:* No
*Mandatory overtime?:* No
*Compressed workweek allowed?:* No
*Telecommuting allowed?:* No
*Zip Code:* 13403
*Name:* Human Resources
*Email Address:* ...@omh.ny.gov
*Street Address:* Central New York Psychiatric Center - Five Points Satellite Unit 6600 State Route 96
*Street:* Central New York Psychiatric Center PO Box 300
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...