Peer Counselor - Level 2 (00046050)
Compensation: $51,830.00 - $72,270.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Social Services/Counseling
Elmhurst Hospital Center (EHC) is the major tertiary care provider in the borough of Queens. The hospital is comprised of 545 beds and is a Level I Trauma Center, an Emergency Heart Care Station and a 911 Receiving Hospital. It is the premiere health care organization for key areas such as Surgery, Cardiology, Women's Health, Pediatrics, Rehabilitation Medicine, Renal and Mental Health Services.Job Description
1. Acts as preceptor to Peer Counselors in Assignment Level I.
2. Provides education training on recipient issues to mental health and other human services
3. Advocates for the needs of people with psychiatric disabilities within the mental health
system and within service delivery systems.
4. Participates in utilization review and quality improvement activities.Responsibilities
Assignment Level I
1. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent; and
2. Satisfactory and documented completion of a formalized peer counselor/specialist training program which meets the training requirements for a Peer Advocacy Organization as mandated by the State of New York Office of Mental Health in their Official Policy Manual. The training program must be at least six months in duration; or
3. One year of full-time satisfactory experience working with consumers of mental health services as a peer counselor/specialist, peer advocate or in a related human services area.
Assignment Level II
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements of Assignment Level I, assignment to Level II requires:
1. One additional year of experience as described in three (3) above.Vacancy Control Board Number
VCB #: ELM-07172###-####* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...