Social Worker - Lvl I (00038217)
Compensation: $51,680.00 - $72,960.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Social Services/Counseling
Elmhurst Hospital Center (EHC) is the major tertiary care provider in the borough of Queens. The hospital is comprised of 545 beds and is a Level I Trauma Center, an Emergency Heart Care Station and a 911 Receiving Hospital. It is the premiere health care organization for key areas such as Surgery, Cardiology, Women's Health, Pediatrics, Rehabilitation Medicine, Renal and Mental Health Services.Job DescriptionExamples of Typical Tasks:
1. Conducts or participates in the client/patient intake process to obtain information required
to formulate a psychosocial evaluation and social work treatment plan.
2. Conducts psychosocial evaluations assessing the weaknesses and strengths of individuals
and/or families; develops treatment plans.
3. Works within facility offices or in the field to provide individual and group counseling, as
well as concrete social services, as required.
4. Interviews domestic violence victims to assess the need for concrete and/or counseling
services; provides counseling and/or makes referrals as required; provides group work
counseling services in domestic violence shelters.
5. Interviews patients/clients, relatives, facility staff, and members of the community
regarding patients /clients ability to function in the community.
6. Interviews children and parents to discuss behavioral problems and to determine an
appropriate plan of action; prepares children and parents to accept services; makes referrals,
when appropriate, to Family Court or other government at community agencies.
7. Reports suspected cases of child abuse or neglect to the New York Central Registry.
8. Plans for institutional or hospital discharge and other post institutional/hospital care;
evaluates alternate care arrangements for the elderly and other clients/patients,
9. Provides direct counseling services and/or outreach services; makes referrals to other
public agencies or community resources as needed.
10. Confers and consults with professional and technical personnel in implementing a
multi-disciplinary approach to client/patient care.
11. Analyzes neighborhood or area problems relevant to the agency s areas of
responsibility; serves as agency/program liaison to community agencies and/or
12. Initiates and participates in special studies and research projects.
13. Attends meetings, such as staff conferences, social work staff meetings and rounds;
participates in work of selected staff committee.
14. Orients and educates members of other professional disciplines in social work
concepts and functions.
15. Appears and testifies at administrative and court hearings, as necessary.
16. Keeps records, prepares reports, and related paperwork.
17. May supervise graduate and undergraduate social work students in their field
placement, as well as volunteers and other auxiliary personnel as needed.Responsibilities
1. A valid Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) license, Licensed Clinical Social Work
(LCSW) license or a Limited Permit issued by the New York State Education Department.
Employees working with a Limited Permit must obtain their LMSW or LCSW within one year
of the date of appointment.Vacancy Control Board Number
VCB #: ELM-07292###-####* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...