Compensation: $48,520.00 - $81,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
World-renowned, James Beard Award-winning restaurateurs, Keith McNally and Stephen Starr, are collaborating in the biggest restaurant comeback New York has ever seen! This spring, the beloved New York City restaurant, PASTIS, will reopen its doors just steps away from the original location in the MEPA.
We are now actively hiring PASTRY COOKS. If you are ready to be a part of this dynamic team in the rebirth of a New York City legend - We want to talk to YOU!
PASTRY COOK Requirements:
- BOH: Punctual, Hard-working, and Dependable - with a strong knowledge of French Cuisine
- 1-2+ years of Pastry Cook experience in reputable high-volume and fine dining restaurants
- Culinary school education with a focus on Pastry is a plus
- Ability to manage a station from prep to service
- Experience in dessert and pastry production, especially classic French techniques
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail in plating
- Comfortable tempering chocolate, making meringues, whipping cream, etc
- Full-time and Flexible Availability including Weekend availability
- REPEAT: Thorough knowledge and appreciation of French Dessert is a MUST!
is a part of STARR Restaurants
which after 90 days of full-time hourly employment, offers Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
, a 401k option, NY TransitChek, and a STARR Restaurants Dining Discount of 20% off across 35+ restaurants in MULTIPLE cities
More detail about Pastis part of STARR Restaurants, please visit
Associated topics: baker, chef, corporate, dining chef, kitchen, pantry, pastry, pastry chef, restaurant chef, service
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...