Sr Principal Sourcing
Compensation: $151,845.00 - $151,845.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Sr Principal Sourcing
* Dept: Global Procurement
Reports To: Head of Global Commodity & Supplier Management
Location: Shelton, CT, or Hopkinton, MA, with consideration for other PKI locations
As a member of the Global Procurement Organization, the Commodity Manager will be responsible for setting the long term commodity strategy, derived in close alignment with BU/Product Line Business strategies. She/he will have global responsibility for preferred supplier network management; will drive major material related productivity projects, supplier relationship and performance. The Commodity Manager will have global functional responsibility (governance) for all procurement activities and related processes for the commodity in conjunction with the organizational units and their respective regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serve as the primary interface to Business Unit leaders to align procurement activities with operating priorities in order to achieve defined business and financial objectives
* Develop and manage the global commodity strategy for Assemblies, PCBAs, and PCBs commodity
* Guide the selection, development, and management of preferred strategic suppliers
* Conduct price and contract negotiations with contract duration on short, mid and long term horizon to guarantee security of supplies at the best conditions
* Maintain regular contact with internal and external interdisciplinary partners and working-/ project groups to recognize developments (market, demand etc.) and to exert the appropriate influence on decisions and processes
* Guide and perform supplier management: Supplier qualification, documentation and communication of preferred suppliers, regular supplier and strategic evaluations and supplier development in order to obtain and develop best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain
* Define concepts for risk and contract management and drive the activities, which include risk reduction, implementation of alternate sources, and to avoid incurrence of warranty costs.
* Guide and manage the optimization of the supply chain regarding inventory levels, transport and lead times. Engage in the implementation of best in class supply chain processes.
* Organize regular business reviews to continuously rate the suppliers on defined KPIs (supply chain performance, quality, cost competitiveness, technology roadmap) to monitor suppliers' operations and to define measures to develop the suppliers
* Implement material field specific benchmarking and best practice sharing with the internal organization, external partner companies, and with competitors to further improve procurement
* Requires a BS Degree, preferably within business related discipline, and a minimum of 5 years' experience within commodity management role
* Experience negotiating long term agreements preferred
* Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment serving both internal and external customers' requirements
* Ability to lead and participate in cross-functional project teams while maintaining positive and productive working relationships across a broad range of people and groups
* Proven self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision; self-managed and self-motivated
* Ability to make decisions under pressure and against tight deadlines
* Strong communication skills and the ability to negotiate effectively.
* Ability to manage priorities and stay on top of critical responsibilities
* Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn
* Ability and willingness to travel internationally
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Associated topics: chief financial officer, director, director finance, finance director, manage, operational manager, organizational culture, president, recruit, supervise
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...