This is a great opportunity to join our team and help change the food industry landscape by supplying school children with fresh and healthy eating choices. Our mission and core values support our passion. We provide the opportunity for you to learn new skillswith our people-building philosophy, and a career opportunity. What began in schools, serving freshly prepared meals to students, has since grown to retail sales across the country. We need dedicated team members that care about healthy eating, have greatpeople skills with a desire to learn and grow with us. Let's do this together!
At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
* Doing work that matters; supporting the mission of Revolution Foods to provides healthy family meals across the nation!
* Medical, dental, & vision plan options
* Company paid life insurance coverage
* Five (5) paid holidays
* Five (5) paid vacation days
* Free daily meals for our employees
About this Job:
The school cafeteria Server is responsible for receiving, reheating, serving, and/or portioning of meals at school sites. The Server provides excellent customer service, greets students and faculty while interacting with them in a friendly and courteous manner.Helps to keep student and line management orderly. Collects electronic menu options, input student orders into computer database. Positions may work full time or part time, on various days and shifts, as needed. Being punctual is extremely important to meetschool schedules.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for routine tasks related to serving food at school cafeteria locations. Follows and delivers Revolution Foods quality standards for all menu items per approved SOP's. Will receive, set up, reheat, serve, and/or portion meals being served at schoolsites. Committed to being punctual, adhering to the time and attendance policy.
* Ensure food quality standards and HACCP plans are followed from delivery to re-therm (heat/ re-heat) to presentation/service of the final product. in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service.
* Follows recipes and instructions to set up and break down the food line area, prep, stock, assemble and serve meals, snacks and beverages.
* Handle and receive student ID cards, cash or check, and return change when necessary. Operates the Point of Sale (POS) in a manner that is compliant with school contract and government compliance regulations.
* Assist server team with food management, set up, service and clean up after breakfast and lunch meals.
* Records daily events, waste, participation data and variances. Completes daily procedure checklist (cleaning, timeline, logs etc.) observant of the changes in business models and able to communicate those changes.
* Keep students informed of the scheduled menu and new items while looking for ways to increase breakfast participation, obtains student/customer feedback, (food quality, likes and dislikes) during non-service time (if allowed) and communicates feedback tomanagement.
* Maintain a food safe environment, complying with State, Federal and Revolution Foods food safety policies. Maintains a clean, organized, sanitary free service area.
* Observes a safety-first environment, free of hazards to include a dry floor, proper floor drainage coverages and proper knife or equipment use and storage.
* May be required to rack trays and products, and stage racks for use or pick up.
* Complies with the company green waste compost and recycling program.
* Performs other duties as needed.
RequirementsRequired Experience and Education:
* 1 or more years customer service experience in a mid to high volume food service facility or Restaurant.
Basic computer and math skills.
* Preferred placement for those with a ServSafe food handlers permit, but this should not deter any applicants from applying.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
* Strong attention to detail and an ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
* Ability to be punctual, and work a flexible schedule, covering early morning and mid-day shifts
* Knowledge of safe and proper food handling procedures, and kitchen equipment is preferred
* Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies
* Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well with others and participate as part of a team.
* Able to physically perform requirements of job and lift 25-50 pounds
* Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team using good verbal communication skills
Work is within a factory setting, with chilled temperatures Exposed to wet, damp and cold conditions. Most Preventive Protective Equipment is provided.
* Prolonged standing and walking required.
* Routinely lifts and carries objects weighing up to 25- 50 pounds
* Routinely required to stand, walk, bend, carry, crouch, grasp, hold, kneel, lift, push/pull, reach, sit, squat, stand, stoop, stretch, turn, twist, talk, listen and communicate with others.Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright ? Ultimate Software
Associated topics: art, early education, education, faculty, instructor, professor, school, school superintendent, special education, substitute teacher
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.