- Sea Island
- $71,515.00 -162,430.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
3610 Johnston St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Design and prepare all specialty cakes for Sea Island Events and Sea Island outlets. Meet with our wedding clients and wedding team to determine wedding cake needs and offer design advice.
- Prepare, form, bake and decorate: (including but not limited to): sheet cakes, wedding cakes, cupcakes, individual special occasion cakes, holiday event cakes.
- Ensure proper holding and rotating techniques for storage, taking necessary steps to avoid losing or wasting product
- Meet with each of our wedding clients to design and plan the wedding cake and any sweet treats- favors, dessert tables, etc, offering suggestions to our clients as needed
- Properly execute as a member of the Bake Shop by working constantly and cohesively to assure timeliness, efficiency, and product integrity
- Demonstrate exemplary work ethic, technique, and productivity as a team member, and assisting others when necessary
- Follow standardized recipes
- Follow all instructions pertaining to the food service operation assigned by Supervisor
- Identify and select ingredients needed to execute recipes and formulas.
- Properly store and handle dessert products
- Prepare and apply frostings and icings, fruit fillings, puddings and creams as needed for cake fillings and/or icings
- Follow recipes standardized by Pastry Chef
- Set up catered functions on an as needed basis
- Maintain Sea Island s F&B standards for safety and sanitation while meeting or exceeding local, state, and federal health and safety regulations
- Highest grade cake decorator within tier structure
- Relevant culinary qualification and experience
- Ability to create and execute elaborate designs
- Graduate of apprenticeship or culinary school preferred
- Past experience with decorating and producing specialty cakes- portfolio must be available for viewing by the Pastry Chef
- Knowledgeable in operation of all equipment used in baking and pastry
- Can identify and use specialized tools in baking and pastry production
- Basic knowledge of sanitation management and supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
More detail about Sea Island, please visit
Associated topics: cafe, catering, chef, commercial, executive chef, grill chef, head chef, restaurant assistant chef, service, sous
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.