Accountant - Financial Reporting
Compensation: $124,885.00 - $178,020.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you're looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you're in the right place.
Accountant, Financial Reporting
The Accountant, Financial Reporting will be instrumental in the external reporting process, assisting in the preparation of all reports filed with the SEC. This individual will also have responsibility for the accounting and administration of Shake Shack's equity incentive plan.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of reports with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K (earnings press releases), proxy statements and other filing documents.
- Prepare various financial statements, footnotes and MD&A in the periodic filings.
- Interface with key contributors to the SEC reports, including Legal, Finance, Tax, FP&A, Supply Chain, Operations, IT, Construction/Real Estate, People Resources and Marketing.
- Coordinate information requests and prepare supporting documentation and analyses to support the financial statements, footnotes and MD&A disclosures, including disclosure checklists and tie-out binders.
- Prepare Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
- Work with external auditors in conjunction with the annual year-end audit and interim reviews.
- Responsible for equity-based compensation accounting in accordance with ASC 718.
- Assist in the preparation grant-date fair value calculations, quarterly stock-based compensation expense and option exercise schedules and journal entries.
- Ensure employee payroll taxes are properly calculated for various equity-based awards.
- Assist in managing and administering the Company's equity incentive plan, including managing the Company's third-party equity administration portal, as well its interface with HR data.
- Liaise with People Resources and assist in the preparation of participant communications surrounding the equity incentive plan.
- Monitor share and ownership activity amongst affiliates.
- Assist in the preparation of EPS calculations.
- Perform reconciliations of information per the equity administration portal, general ledger, stock transfer agent and bank accounts.
Other Duties and Ad Hoc Projects:
- Remain current on new and upcoming accounting guidance issued by the FASB and SEC.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to the Audit Committee.
- Prepare documentation and facilitate testing of internal controls surrounding the financial reporting and equity processes to ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Continuously assess financial reporting and equity processes for process improvements.
- Prepare reports/analyses and participate in other projects as needed
Skills & Knowledge
- BS/BA in Accounting required.
- CPA or progress towards CPA required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint (vlookup, if statements, pivot tables, etc.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting rules.
- 2-4 years of public/private accounting experience (2 years minimum at Big 4 public accounting firm required).
- Experience with Workiva (formerly WebFilings) a plus.
- Experience with Solium (Shareworks) a plus.
- Restaurant/retail industry experience a plus.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City's Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built...and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good.
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...