Manager- Financial Systems
Compensation: $87,220.00 - $178,020.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you're looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you're in the right place.
Manager- Financial Systems
In this newly-created role, the Manager of Financial Systems will report directly to the SVP, Controller and be responsible for ensuring the integrity and operation of the financial systems used by the Controllership team, primarily Workday Financials. In addition to overseeing the ongoing maintenance activities of Workday Financials, the Manager of Financial Systems will be a leading driver of transformation and process improvement, managing change initiatives to ensure successful implementation.
Ongoing Maintenance of Workday Financials
- Lead and manage all ongoing maintenance activities in Workday Financials to maintain foundational data and configuration to support normal finance and accounting business activities.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of off-shore resources engaged by the Company (Deloitte Application Management Services).
Transformation and Process Improvement
- Liaise with IT and key stakeholders to drive system enhancements, upgrades and modifications across multiple process areas and segments. Drive business process improvements leveraging Workday technology and automation.
- Participate in meetings/communications with Workday's Advisory Council, representing the interests of Shake Shack and helping to influence Workday product development.
- Act as a subject matter expert and represent the Controllership team in possible larger cross-functional projects and initiatives impacting Workday Financials, which may include implementation of and changes to upstream systems, required Workday changes due to new accounting standards, regulatory changes, changes to business strategy, cross-departmental initiatives and other operational changes.
- Ownership of the Controllership team's SOX configurable controls within Workday Financials, ensuring configurable controls are designed appropriately and operating effectively.
- Remain current on Workday technology by attending training and the annual Workday Rising conference.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Controllership team's business process and objectives.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Workday Pro or other Workday certification strongly preferred.
- Strong project management skills, including planning, execution, cost and time management.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task responsibilities while working under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a questioning mind and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively across different teams and levels of the organization
- 4+ years of progressive experience in Workday Financials.
- Experience in the restaurant and/or retail industries preferred.
- Demonstrated technical experience in major system implementations and business process re-design initiatives.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City's Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built...and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
Associated topics: controller, director finance, finance director, financial director, general operational manager, president finance, recruit, staff, supervise, supply
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...