- Stewart Title Guaranty Company
- $73,210.00 -101,410.00/year*
Financial Services - Insurance
330 Winter St
Seeking an experienced Real Estate Attorney to join our team as Claims Counsel.
The successful candidate must be able to effectively communicate with insureds and their counsel, co-workers, agents and management. Duties will include thoroughly analyzing, investigating, and resolving title insurance claims with minimal supervision. The selected individual will also be responsible for identifying and communicating recovery strategies. The selected individual will be expected to meet all policy and procedure standards, including communicating to management the status of claims and expenses.
Successful candidates will have a JD from an accredited law school plus 3+ years related title and or conveyancing experience and be in good standing in their state of bar admission. Litigation and post-closing experience as well as judicial and non-judicial foreclosure knowledge a plus.
TheClaims Counselmanages claims on behalf of insureds in accordance with Stewart Title Guaranty Companys (STG) policies and procedures as outlined in the Claims Manual and as directed by Associate Chief Claims Counsel (ACCC) and Stewart Legal Services (SLS).
- Manages and monitors all claims and claims in litigation involving STGs insureds on assigned files.
- Manages and monitors all legal services and legal representation of STGs insureds on assigned files.
- Monitors and provides updates and legal consultation services to the Claims Management System (CMS) managers and SLS as described in the Claims Manual, bulletins, and as updated by directions from CMS Management and SLS.
- Maintains the integrity of STGs Claims Management System by providing updates on claims and insuring the sufficiency of reserves.
- Minimizes policy losses through early identification, payment and settlement of losses, and through education.
- Assists in recoupment operations as directed by the CMS management or SLS.
- Prepares in a timely fashion all reports required by the CMS or SLS.
- Provides regulatory certifications related to the sufficiency of STGs reserves or any other matter as required by SLS.
- Prepares and participates in educational programs sponsored by CMS or SLS.
- Handles such other matters as may be assigned by CMS management or SLS.
Associated topics: adjuster, automobile, bodily, claim adjuster, claim examiner, claim investigator, insurance, insurance adjuster, liability, liability adjuster
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...