- Symetra Financial
- $49,020.00 -80,040.00/year*
330 Winter St
The Operations Case Manager is a fast-paced and critical role within the Life Insurance Operational division of Symetra. This dynamic and non-manager role is responsible for processing applications from receipt to issuance as well as maintain and strengthen the relationships with our external stakeholders who support our business. The ideal candidate will have a passion for both data and people; is highly organized and efficient in their work ability and thrives in a fast-paced, team environment. This candidate will work both autonomously to achieve their own goals as well as collaborate with others to support team goals. If you believe this role could be a match for you and have an interest in the financial/insurance industry, we'd like to hear from you!
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Review, manage and process applications and the related information in our operations systems according to our workflow; this involves ensuring that all documents are accurate, complete, and meet state regulations throughout the entire process.
* Partner with other departments (Underwriting, Sales, Agency Services, etc.) as appropriate to ensure that the application and case is being managed and supported according to the application status and agreed upon turnaround times.
* Direct point of contact and will partner with external agents and internal stakeholders regarding requirements gathering for applications.
* Ensure that we meet our agreed upon turnaround times with our internal departments and provide status updates to our external contacts. Manage deadlines and statuses internally and externally.
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external contacts.
* Promptly respond to routine and non-routine phone or e-mail inquiries; proactive outreach and follow up communications to obtain all application requirements.
* Timely follow-up timely on contracts that are incomplete or where new requirements have been received.
* Researches, analyzes and helps coordinate issues resolution for management, client services, internal sales contacts and agencies/brokers regarding the status of new business opportunities and various other business requests.
* May be assigned as a project representative on product or process initiatives, system testing, training and/or writing/revising procedures.
* May perform a variety of administrative activities such as reviewing recurring reports and taking appropriate follow up action, for contract assembly and mailing and other duties as assigned by management.
* High School Diploma with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience. College degree preferred.
* Strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize multiple tasks
* Effective interpersonal skills with a service-minded, team-oriented approach
* Possess a strong work ethic with a sense of urgency for timely, accurate transaction processing
* Possess strong relationship management skills with ability to create and maintain effective and professional business relationships (internal and external stakeholders).
* Process-improvement focused and able to find work efficiencies
* Ability to thrive in a fast paced, metrics-driven, ever-changing environment
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to proactively identify and research potential business risks
* Solid computer skills: Ability to learn and adaptable to multiple systems
* Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Microsoft Excel and Outlook preferred
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
To learn more, check out- www.symetra.com/careers
Associated topics: business development, case management, liaison, manage, office manager, project, program development, project development, project management, resource development
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...