The Pastry Sous Chef in Whit Food works closely with the Executive Chef, to maintain the highest quality and standards in the daily operations of The Whit Food Kitchen. This includes management of the Pastry Cooks, Prep Cooks and all hourly team members, ensuring that all pars are met in the prep kitchen.
-Ensure high performance and maintain overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day s specific service periods.
- Ensure that all recipes, product, food preparations and food execution meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to culinary excellence.
- To the highest degree possible, ensure that kitchen & physical plant is kept clean, safe and up to all A level health code standards
- Ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Continuously build a high performance team
Relevant Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- At least 3 years BOH management experience in hospitality & fine dining, previous prep or line-cook experience required
- Excellent understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving & delegation
- Initiative & follow through
- Excellent verbal communication
- Understanding of Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
Preferred Bachelor s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job
Involves standing most of the time, time as well as climbing stairs repeatedly. Also involves repeated reaching with arms and hands, carrying objects less than 20 lbs and bending and stooping. May include possible lifting and moving objects of 20lbs or more.
Eligibility for USHG Benefits Package:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance available at 90 days service.
- Paid Time Off begins accumulating the moment you start.
- Employee Dining- 20% discount at all USHG restaurants at 180 days service.
- Matched 401(k) available at 1 year service.
- Community contribution opportunities available.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...