- Verizon Wireless
- $106,860.00 -156,260.00/year*
330 Winter St
What you'll be doing...
Working within the wider Cyber Defense Professional Security Services (PSS) practice, you will provide pre-sales, technical governance and delivery leadership of the PSS consultancy team dedicated to the support of the customer across UK and US regions. It is expected that the role will be part client billable with a portion being project funded.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
* Working directly with the sales teams to identify and refine end-client business requirements and associated security services solutions.
* Take a leading role in the definition, scope, approach, planning and estimating of large PSS security opportunities.
* Attend client meetings where applicable, up to the CxO level.
* Support and actively participate in the business development of the PSS practice by identifying additional business opportunities within the current client base.
* Provide high level and informed business consulting with an emphasis on demonstrating the value and role of PSS in large businesses.
* Manage pre-sales activities in a timely and efficient manner following the agreed business practices using the applicable tools.
* Build strong and effective working relationships with the sales organization.
* Drive upsell and growth of Cyber Defense Consulting Services.
* Manage your account portfolio as your own business with a focus on revenue growth and proving leadership on the value proposition of Verizon Security services.
* Work as a core contributor within the customer's Architectural team.
* Work with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the client strategy, processes and information technology assets and their associated security demands.
* Leverage this knowledge to ensure that ongoing business security requirements and underlying infrastructure remain aligned through the creation and execution of a security road map.
* Work with the presales team to drive growth in region and help with proposals and strategy to drive deals that relate to security transformation in multiple domains from Design, Build and Operate phases.
* Align directly with key customer stakeholders including but not limited to; the CISO/CTO/CIO and/or the customer's architecture lead.
* Develop, maintain and grow these relationships to become the 'trusted partner' of these key stakeholders.
* Act as Senior Though Leader and establish strong client relationships in key accounts to help progress the Security Services portfolio.
* Review and analyze current security technology infrastructure and its ability to support dynamic strategic corporate objectives.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Consulting experience in an enterprise environment.
* Experience in Presales in the security space, including estimating level of effort, writing contracts or statements of work, etc.
* Experience working with firewalls, load balancers, proxies, VPNs, endpoint security tools AV, IPS, SSL inspection, siem Engine or security monitoring platforms.
* Experience implementing and managing the following product set: Bluecoat, Symantec, Cisco, F5, Palo Alto, Cisco ISE, SailPoint, Splunk, RSA, Checkpoint, Sourcefire, Aruba, HP Enterprise.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Eight or more years of hands-on security experience running various security tools and products.
* Knowledge of security best practices with experience protecting information assets.
* Ability to translate security requirements implementation into formal written procedures.
* Strong knowledge of OSI Layer 7 Model, Network Architecture and Network Topology.
* Experience as a project lead, and the ability to drive to completion and maintain schedules.
* Excellent documentation and organization skills.
* Ability to multi-task, take direction, prioritize, and manage multiple activities/tasks to achieve objectives.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Capability to present and communicate to both superiors and peers.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...